Crown House is believed to be one of the oldest houses in the Four Oaks area.
'Old Crown House' was built in 1832 and is one of the oldest buildings in the Four Oaks area. It stood on the site of Henry VIII's hunting ground, which ran from Royal Sutton Park to Cannock Chase in Stafford. Initially it was used as a working farm until 1912 when it was converted to a public house; The Crown Inn.
During the war, the house was the Home Guard Headquarters. The men from the 4th Battalion took shelter from the German bombs as the Luftwaffe bombed near the Fort Dunlop tyre factory.
After this time it became the residence of Lady Crump and has remained a private residence until 2008 when it was partially converted to Crown House Dental Practice. Careful consideration was taken in preserving the character and the beautiful features of the house.